This discussion is archived
25,294 Views 17 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2012 8:46 AM by Ninian RSS
  1 2 Previous Next
CreateSpaceLee Representative 57 posts since
Oct 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2012 9:36 AM

Announcing Free Book Proofing Options

We are proud to unveil our new digital proofing features for books! You now have the option to review and approve an online "virtual" version of your fully-formatted book as it will appear in print prior to publication and download a custom-generated PDF of your book's interior, for free. The Digital Proofer and downloadable PDF option can be accessed at any time, even after you make your book available.

Proofer-screen-shot.jpg

With the Digital Proofer, you can also view your book in 3D as it spins 360 degrees showing you the front, back cover, and spine. Additionally, you decide how you want to view your book through the Digital Proofer, with a choice of two side-by-side pages, a one-page-at-a-time view, or by viewing individual thumbnails.

3D-cover-screen-shot.jpg

For those that like to skip the proof step, don't worry, you can still make your book available right away if you've used one of the book proofing options previously. We encourage you to take advantage of this new feature and as always, we welcome your feedback.

Level 5 15,793 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
1. Mar 19, 2012 9:52 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee
Re: Announcing Free Book Proofing Options

Nice.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 1 436 posts since
Aug 10, 2010
2. Mar 19, 2012 10:35 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

This is a big step forward!

Level 0 1 posts since
Mar 30, 2011
3. Mar 19, 2012 12:11 PM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

Wonderful!

Mimi

Level 5 15,645 posts since
May 4, 2008
4. Mar 19, 2012 4:00 PM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

This kicks arse all over the Interior Reviewer! The 3D cover preview rocks! And I'm thrilled to see it rolled-out already. I thought it would be ages away before people could start using it. I'm hoping authors will now have fewer problems when reviewing their books prior to ordering a print proof.

Well done CS on an awesome proofing tool!

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 4,269 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
5. Mar 20, 2012 9:05 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

Very nifty indeed!

I wonder if CreateSpace are thinking along similar lines for audio CDs? (There's a hint in there).

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 26, 2009
6. Mar 20, 2012 9:39 PM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

I just used t and it's awesome!  What a time-saver!  Otherwise you order a proof and it's perfect except for the PROOF typed in the back, or you thought it was perfect and just ordered a copy and it had a typo or other issue!  This is great!  Worked like a charm!

Level 1 99 posts since
Mar 8, 2012
7. Mar 21, 2012 5:15 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

I'm looking at it right now, so cool! I wonder, though, is there an option to send the old-fashion way, in case?

Level 0 62 posts since
May 24, 2009
8. Mar 28, 2012 8:54 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

Why has access to the digital proofing been changed?

It used to be that I could upload and instantly see the proof, make any changes, and move on to submission.

Now I have to submit, wait for approval from CS, then examine the digital proof, make fixes, resubmit, wait AGAIN for CS approval, view digital proof, Make any changes, resubmit, wait AGAIN....

This recent change is very time consuming.  I don't like it and I wish you would change it back to the old way of directly digital proofing before CS makes us wait for approval.

Level 5 6,015 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
9. Mar 28, 2012 9:15 AM in response to: MamaKate

I believe you are confusing the Interior Reviewer and the Digital Proofing tool. The Interior Review is still available prior to submitting the project for review. The process prior to review has not changed. The Digital Proofing tool simply allows you to skip the step of having a proof copy sent.

That said, I would only suggest using the Digital Proofing tool for small revisions etc. I still feel that a printed proof copy should be reviewed before giving final approval. There will always be differences between digital and printed items.

R. C.

Upcoming Release - The Order

Preview - http://www.createspace.com/Preview/1098188

Trailer - http://youtu.be/To1IlV-9wCA

Level 0 62 posts since
May 24, 2009
10. Mar 28, 2012 10:00 AM in response to: R.C.

R.C...

Well, the interface looks exactly the same to me.  In any case, I am no longer given the option of using the interior reviewer when submitting books.

Level 1 146 posts since
Feb 4, 2010
11. Apr 11, 2012 8:36 AM in response to: R.C.

Okay, I've spent a couple of hours searching, and for some reason I'm not seeing it. All I wanted to do was see how the newly uploaded COVER of my upcoming book LOOKS! I uploaded in .pdf (done by someone else who wanted a screen shot to see if it came out the way she intended it to). For the life of me I cannot see where to VIEW it. I saw a post by Michele and submitted it all for REVIEW, even though I only wanted to SEE the cover MYSELF, not yet ready for the human review. After submitting I still don't see a way to VIEW it!  I wonder if the way I originally submitted this title was before the Interior Review option and the Digital Proof option, so they are not available to me. And in that case, do I remove everything, and upload it again as a new title? Will they accept the new title as the same title or reject it?! Apologies if this has been addressed a bazillion times already.

~Kathy

Level 2 132 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
12. Apr 11, 2012 10:04 AM in response to: Abask

Wow! Just finished writing my latest novel. I will have to check it out. Good timing.

Randy M.

https://sites.google.com/site/randymixtersbooksite/home

Level 5 15,793 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
13. Apr 11, 2012 10:09 AM in response to: Abask

Check the various numbers to the right of the ribbon at the top of the community's home page. That will provide a link for you, I think.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 2 99 posts since
Jan 25, 2011
14. Apr 11, 2012 12:32 PM in response to: CreateSpaceLee

CreateSpaceLee wrote:

With the Digital Proofer, you can also view your book in 3D as it spins 360 degrees showing you the front, back cover, and spine.

I missed this announcement from a couple weeks ago, but I like the sound of the addition.  Does the 3D viewer allow custom background colors?  If so, that could be an immensely useful tool.  There are free 3D book rotation tools online for creating a more life-like photo for web usage, but they tend to be borderline useless if their forced background color/reflection doesn't match your own website.  I've manually built 3D covers with templates, but it's time consuming and not as nice of a finished look.

Dan

VOQ Training for Cross Country & Track, by Dan Kaplan

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...