Skip navigation
905 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jan 15, 2018 11:58 AM by mstary1 RSS
Level 1 7 posts since
May 14, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 13, 2018 12:30 AM

Help. Upload cover error Down for maintenance screen.

I have used the same cover created for my book since starting my Create Space account many moons ago.  I received my proof book this week and noticed an error that I could not let through. So I uploaded the updated interior file and tried to do the mandatory edit the cover and submit. But all I get when clicking edit cover is:

www.createspace is currently down for maintenance screen and to please retry again in a frew minutes.

It's been hours now and no luck.

I can't find any announcement about maintenance. I've tried multiple browsers, rebooted the PC, tried a different PC, Used CCleaner software to empty cache. Any advice on how to proceed would be most welcome. never had this issue before.

Cheers.

Level 0 15 posts since
May 10, 2014
1. Jan 13, 2018 4:03 AM in response to: mstary1
Re: Help. Upload cover error Down for maintenance screen.

I am getting the same. At least we know it's not just an isolated incident.

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 18, 2011
2. Jan 13, 2018 7:48 AM in response to: mstary1

I have been having the same problem since last night. Has anyone made it through yet or heard when they will be done with their maintenance?

Level 0 15 posts since
May 10, 2014
3. Jan 13, 2018 8:13 AM in response to: Chereewolf

No luck yet.  Really annoyed as my book is now 'off sale' till the cover is reloaded, which could be ????

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 21, 2013
4. Jan 13, 2018 8:28 AM in response to: mstary1

Same here... ready to work on cover. Received that message.

Level 0 15 posts since
May 10, 2014
5. Jan 13, 2018 10:58 AM in response to: didaskalos

I now have had a different 'error' message along with a code to  send to customer services.

Level 0 5 posts since
Aug 10, 2013
6. Jan 13, 2018 1:01 PM in response to: Amesburyarcher

I need to reload my cover to finish my book. When will this end?

Level 0 15 posts since
May 10, 2014
7. Jan 13, 2018 1:18 PM in response to: theewolf

I'vesent an email with the error code so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 28, 2017
9. Jan 15, 2018 1:23 AM in response to: mstary1

How did you mange to upload your cover please?

Since yesterday morning I keep trying to do so. Everytime I click on upload nothing happens. I e mailed Createspace some 20 hours ago but so far nothing. this is very frustrating as I am updating my book and it is now on hold

Level 5 19,518 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
10. Jan 15, 2018 2:03 PM in response to: johnl7

Very often if you change browsers the interactive features that seemed to be down, work.  I keep four browsers on my system just for that reason. And sometimes things are just very very slow.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 28, 2017
11. Jan 15, 2018 8:06 AM in response to: johnl7

Thank you to Walton who contacted me. He suggested using a different browser and it worked. So much for phoning Createspace who said it was a maintenace probem. I think that is just an excuse.

Level 5 19,518 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
12. Jan 15, 2018 8:17 AM in response to: johnl7

You are welcome.

If you think of the complexity involved not just in printing one book, but handling 150 new titles a day, every day!  CS gets files from everyone from people who do know know what a mouse is to experts who have been doing books for decades. Training and good management are key.  And, alas, often wanting.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...