Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
42,540 Views 62 Replies Last post: Jul 7, 2012 4:54 PM by PeggyShard RSS
  1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
CreateSpaceKate Representative 369 posts since
Nov 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 17, 2012 5:12 AM

Announcing Amazon Europe Distribution through CreateSpace!

We're very excited to announce that CreateSpace authors can now distribute directly through Amazon's European websites including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es and Amazon.it! And, the best part is that it's free through our Standard Distribution channel. To enroll your book in the Amazon Europe distribution channel, click Channels from your Project Homepage and then select Amazon Europe. Find out more here.

All retail book orders placed on Amazon's European websites will be printed and shipped from Great Britain or continental Europe. While we're happy to facilitate fulfillment of retail orders in Europe, at this time, all proof and member orders will continue to be printed and shipped from the U.S.

Thanks to everyone who spoke up on our boards about your desire for more distribution options. We've been listening and appreciate your input. Enjoy the new Amazon Europe distribution channel for books!

If you have any questions, check out our Amazon Europe frequently asked questions or contact Member Support, available 24/7.

Level 5 6,034 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
1. May 17, 2012 5:37 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate
Re: Announcing Amazon Europe Distribution through CreateSpace!

This is fantastic news for our friends across the pond. The no hassle listing and reduced shipping times will be a big plus.. Glad to see CS stepped up and addressed this as it has been a consistent issue for the last few months with amazon uk not picking up all EDC titles. Now if they can get a similar program in place for our friends down under that would be another step forward.

R. C

Level 5 4,257 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
2. May 17, 2012 5:46 AM in response to: R.C.

We don't have an Amazon domain down here in God's Own Country, so we will just have to retain our national stoicism. I am happy to see better royalties for EU sales though - even though I don't quite understand how they are calculated as EU print costs seem lower. I'd have expected better royalties than are being shown.

Level 0 6 posts since
Feb 16, 2012
3. May 17, 2012 7:46 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

This is really great news. I stumbled upon it, today, by chance just when I was considering using Lightning Source. I've set it up and it's already appearing on amazon.co.uk.

Mar 10, 2012
4. May 17, 2012 8:42 AM in response to: Maaku

It would be nice if CS could have some local printing in your neck of the woods as well or even look at Amazon fullfilment via LSI printing to speed up the shipping.

R. C.

Level 5 7,672 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
5. May 17, 2012 8:53 AM in response to: R.C.

But we're out of the loop R.C. because we're in Canada. I just took a look at one of my books and to have it distributed via the new CS thingy we have to be able to do direct deposit to a bank. Canadian banks are not listed so we'll get payment via cheque as usual.

My books have always been listed on Amazon in the UK and Europe but I don't know if customers there will have my books printed in the UK or not.

Maybe more clarification is called for.

Level 1 57 posts since
Apr 29, 2012
6. May 17, 2012 8:54 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

Pleased to hear this.  Amazon distribution in UK will make my advertising more worthwhile as somewhere to direct to that is always "in stock" for UK and Europe now too.

Oct 27, 2010
7. May 17, 2012 8:59 AM in response to: R.C.

Well, yes, it would be better if we could have locally printed copies. It undermines the whole electronic advantage when at the end of the process we print a book on one side of the earth, then package it up for a 10,000-mile truck and plane trip to the other side. Nearly two-thirds of my costs are shipping. And as you point out, it is not as if we do not have the technology here.

Mar 10, 2012
8. May 17, 2012 9:02 AM in response to: Ninian

Based on what I have read it sounds as if even UK clients only get paid direct deposit for UK sales and would still receive a cheque for royalty payments via other channels, I am hoping I am reading things wrong because that would seem to be a make work project for CS.

Here's how I understand it.

If you enable the Europe distribution then on European Amazon sales your books will be sold, printed and shipped from there regardless of where you live. As Canadians all royalties will still come via cheque or into a US account if you have one (no change here) and Amazon.ca will still only be an EDC option and will print and ship out of the US.

A bit of a pain for us yet, but not nearly as bad as what they were experiencing overseas with delayed shipping times, and Amazon UK not picking up EDC titles etc.

I like that my own book will be available in Europe with quick fullfillment, gives me another market to play in. I suppose I will have to add that thought into my marketing plan.

R. C.

Oct 27, 2010
9. May 17, 2012 9:06 AM in response to: R.C.

R.C.

When I signed up for European distribution earlier this evening, I was asked to reconfrim my banking details. It seemed clear to me that I would be paid by direct deposit for all sales, regardless of where they are made.

Mar 10, 2012
10. May 17, 2012 9:08 AM in response to: Maaku

Good to hear, what I read was worded that you could be 'paid direct deposit for these channels' which seemed limiting.

R. C.

Mar 10, 2012
11. May 17, 2012 9:41 AM in response to: R.C.

I notice you can now set different list prices on the EU sites, does anyone know if these can be less than the suggested CS price. If so I am concerned that they are allowing users to violate the Amazon agreement which stipulates that you must not undercut the list price through other channels.

R. C.

Level 0 18 posts since
Apr 10, 2012
12. May 17, 2012 11:37 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

This is great news for authors everywhere.

Level 0 2 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
13. May 17, 2012 11:57 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I saw different prices for a same title on different amazon EU, UK and US sites. So I assume that it is ok to do that. However how do I set a different price for Amazon France and Amazon Italy and Amazon Spain?

D

Level 5 5,492 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
14. May 17, 2012 12:01 PM in response to: 2doubleccies

2doubleccies wrote:

I saw different prices for a same title on different amazon EU, UK and US sites. So I assume that it is ok to do that. However how do I set a different price for Amazon France and Amazon Italy and Amazon Spain?

D

You don't. You set a different price for each currency, and France, Italy, and Spain use the Euro.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Accepting submissions for character-themed anthology
The Storm is here! View the trailer

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...