Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
4,157 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jan 7, 2009 7:49 AM by chuckgregory RSS
Level 0 12 posts since
Jul 14, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 12, 2008 1:04 AM

ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THEIR ROYALTY PAYMENTS?

I still have not received my first royalty payment from CreateSpace. I submitted a support request toward the end of last month, politely wondering where the royalty was for the month of September. I was fully aware of the month 'grace period' built in, so I didn't expect the money from September until November--but I certainly didn't think that it would still be missing in December!

Now I have finally gotten a report back that a check was sent via standard U.S. mail on November 26. Not only does it seem unlikely that it would not yet have arrived but it wasn't supposed to be a check at all! It was supposed to be directly deposited into my account.

What is going on? This situation is making me have severe doubts about the business practices of CreateSpace. I'd like to know that other people really are receiving their money on time. Please post responses, folks--and please, not just complaints but praise, too. I'm really hoping that my distrust is just paranoia.

Thanks

chuck

Level 0 7 posts since
May 30, 2006
2. Dec 15, 2008 2:40 PM in response to: chuckgregory
Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THEIR ROYALTY PAYMENTS?

CreateSpace owes me over $2600 for October.  I sent them emails for a week with no reply.  I finally sent a letter to Amazon's CFO, and 30 minutes later I received a reply to my first inquiry with no mention of its being a week late.  All they told me was that they sent a check and to wait for it.  I responded that If hadn't gotten a check 21 days after it was mailed I probably wouln't ever see it, and that I'd be glad to pay whatever reasonable fees would be incurred in their re-issuing the check.  Its been 4 days now without a reply.

Quite frankly, many of my friends are stock analysts, and I've asked them to make inquires into CreateSpace's, and possibly Amazon's current cash flow situation.  There's no excuse for a subsidiary of Amazon to be hiding behind shut off phones and unanswered emails when authors and producers are shorted money from sales upon which Amazon was paid up to 75 days ago.  Unless,of course, like General Motors, they just don't have the money.

Our firm just signed a deal with a major retailer for a program that will likely yeild 20,000 DVD sales next year.  Somebody from CreateSpace is going to have to do some pretty strong selling if they want us to use them as our replicator and fulfillment house. 

Very disappointing.  They always seemed to be such nice people.

Level 0 42 posts since
Sep 12, 2008
3. Jan 4, 2009 7:18 PM in response to: theSkillsMeister

theSkillsMeister,

Did you ever received closure on your issue(s)?

I'm curious because non-payment or slow payment is very concerning.

Thanks!

Level 0 7 posts since
May 30, 2006
5. Jan 5, 2009 12:58 PM in response to: theSkillsMeister

A followup: I received a call from CreateSpace customer service in mid-December with an apology for the problems and a promise to take care of it immediately. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. I really believe in the service that CreateSpace is offering to all of us, and I want to see it get bigger and better.

Level 0 1 posts since
Oct 6, 2008
6. Jan 7, 2009 6:01 AM in response to: chuckgregory

Does anyone have a contact number for customer support or as one post mentioned Amazon's CFO. I'm new and I've been trying to get an explanation as to why my royalty share is .59 cents on a book that is being sold for $19.95. I've sent several emails but to no avail.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...