Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
282 Views 1 Reply Last post: Jan 22, 2018 12:26 PM by walton RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 11, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Hello I'm A Newbie

I'm here to publish my first book. I have written for years and now have enough work for a few books so it's time. My first will be a bedtime book of mostly rhymes for children and adults. I have 19 poems for it.

Happy to be here but not sure what I'm doing. I just created my account on the 11th, the book is not done yet and Createspace is telling me I need to give them my tax ID number before I can go any further? I don't have the cover done, final title, or anything yet!

No questions really I don't know enough yet. Brand new to this and it's confusing. I probably need to buckle down and read more.

So hello!

Level 5 19,168 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated
1. Jan 22, 2018 12:26 PM in response to: capriciouspoet
Re: Hello I'm A Newbie

Take alook at PDF Submission Specifications

There are a gazilion things between coming here and having a finished book.  But you only do them one step at a time.

If you've got 19 poems . . . know that CS has a minimum page count of 24.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...