Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
493 Views 4 Replies Last post: May 16, 2018 6:04 AM by Miblart RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Aug 31, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2018 1:26 PM

jpg to pdf help

I purchased a picture from istock.com to use as my book cover.   The picture is is jpg form, CreateSpace only accepts pdf form.

Can you please explain how to convert it?  (I am not tech savvy.)  Thank you!

Level 4 2,667 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Jan 24, 2018 2:05 PM in response to: Ligenesis
Re: jpg to pdf help

Hi L,

You'll probably want to use the Cover Creator.  You can pick from a number of designs, then upload your jpg without conversion.  It will make your cover with the correct proportions.

Stacy

Level 2 119 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
2. Jan 25, 2018 8:18 AM in response to: Ligenesis

Most likely you're not going to use only the picture as the cover; you'll add the title and author to the front cover and spine, and have a blurb on the back cover.  When creating the cover (using Cover Creator or any other program you'll import the photo and put it into the location you want and adjust it to the size you want.

Level 4 2,834 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
3. Jan 25, 2018 11:48 AM in response to: Ligenesis

As an alternative to the limited and cantankerous Cover Creator, forum sensei Walton has a step-by-step how-to that uses a Bookow cover template and GIMP to create a custom cover to be uploaded as a PDF. Even a nontechnical person should be able to follow the steps.

Level 0 6 posts since
Jul 22, 2016
4. May 16, 2018 6:04 AM in response to: Ligenesis

If you know how to use Adobe Photoshop you may try it. You may find some guide online and create PDF using photoshop.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...