Skip navigation
355 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 29, 2018 6:43 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 26, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2018 8:42 PM

Book cover file formatting?

Hi...Can anyone tell me how to make the font size larger on the back cover? I am at the proof stage and can hardly read the back preview I have typed in to the spot allocated for it.

Thanks, Jean

Level 5 5,599 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Jan 29, 2018 4:58 AM in response to: typo2
Re: Book cover file formatting?

I assume you're using the online Cover Creator. This tool is very limited. I don't use it, so I can't say for certain, but I think if you reduce the number of words in the back cover text, the type size will increase. As far as I'm aware, this is the only way to change the type size in Cover Creator. For complete control over all elements, you should design the cover yourself, or hire a professional cover designer.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 19,527 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Jan 29, 2018 6:43 AM in response to: typo2
Re: Book cover file formatting?

Take a look at Make Your Own Cover, a free, 30-page tutorial . . . don't panic, most of that is screen shots of the steps involved.  It is based on GIMP, a free, graphics program.  Even if you have no experience with graphics programs, and there is a fairly steep learning curve, the goal is narrow enough and the steps small enough you should be able to a good cover in a few hours.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...