Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
492 Views 1 Reply Last post: Feb 12, 2018 7:45 AM by awin RSS
Level 0 252 posts since
Sep 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 1, 2018 2:28 AM

Needing Help With Preparing for Selling My Book

Hi

Can anyone help me to figure out the best way to sell my books to those who are in Israel which is where I am.

I just ordered 5 copies of each of my books and had a 2 week delay to obtain them as UPS would not release the package. Through that I discovered another author from Israel obtained his own ISBN number and prints copies in Israel for sale here.

Here's my question. I have 4 of the 5 copies and just had a request for 2 copies. I am doing a sale at an event in 2 weeks so I need some copies at the least to show. I don't yet have a budget to obtain my own ISBN number and print.

What would you do? Have the person purchase from you and drop ship from CS? Send the link for Amazon and tell them it's available online only?
Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help

Shoshanah

Level 2 116 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
Currently Being Moderated
1. Feb 12, 2018 7:45 AM in response to: Shoshanah
Re: Needing Help With Preparing for Selling My Book

1) ingramspark.com has worldwide printing facilities including Espresso book machines (I don't know about Israel specifically, you'd have to research that)  Prices are similar to CS, but the advantage would be in shipping cost and speed -- if the books are printed in Israel.

2) If you're publishing in Israel, consider getting your ISBN there.  I don't know the specifics about Israel, but in many countries ISBNs are free and you're not paying the high price that Bowker charges in the US.  The "I" in ISBN stands for International, so an ISBN issued in any country is good worldwide.

3) Consider Kindle.  Books can be read on a computer, not just a Kindle device, and there's no shipping cost since it's an electronic book.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...