Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
536 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 7, 2018 12:10 PM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Mar 1, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 7, 2018 9:45 AM

? about my Amazon ranking

When I set up my book in createspace, I set the BISAC as Family & Relationships/Marriage and long term relationships which shows in the Product Details (on my books Amazon link), but the last area where is shows the Amazon rank, it shows #(number) in books>Self-Help>relationships. I didn't set it up in Self-help and I'm not sure that's where I want it. Is there a way to take it out of the Self-Help category?

Level 5 5,633 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Feb 7, 2018 12:02 PM in response to: CLRoss
Re: ? about my Amazon ranking

Contact Amazon through Author Central.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 12,994 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Feb 7, 2018 12:10 PM in response to: CLRoss
Re: ? about my Amazon ranking

The BISAC categories and subcategories we select during setup are not exactly the same as the Amazon listing categories and subcategories, so books often end up being miscategorized on Amazon (about 70% of time over the past nine years in the case of my projects). Many of us here have requested that CreateSpace and KDP update their setup to allow the publisher to choose not only the BISAC cat/subcat, but also the Amazon listing category -- but for whatever reason, that hasn't happened, so books continue to be miscategorized on Amazon initially.

Fortunately, Amazon Author Central (as Sarah suggested) provides a simple pull-down menu selection to request a category change, and it usually happens within a day or two.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...