Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
583 Views 5 Replies Last post: Mar 4, 2018 10:41 PM by CameronKeast RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Feb 3, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 10, 2018 7:48 PM

Amazon Kindle Free Book Promotion

I have found that Amazon Kindle Free Book Promotion works in some way.  Although you are releasing your book for free for a maximum of 5 days, I feel it gives your book exposure, which in turn could possibly lead to "word-of-mouth" sales afterward.  Researching websites that promote your book when its in it's free state gives you more publicity, and in turn you get paid for each page that is read.  What are your thoughts?  Has anyone else found success using Amazon Kindle Free Book Promotion?

Thanks and God Bless

Jennifer Bagnaschi

I Saw God Last Night

Level 4 2,676 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Feb 11, 2018 10:58 AM in response to: ISGLN
Re: Amazon Kindle Free Book Promotion

Results are mixed. Some folks report increased sales following a free book promotion, others claim it didn't affect sales at all.

Good luck, and may you receive the blessing of scientific rationality.

Level 1 99 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
2. Feb 12, 2018 7:37 AM in response to: ISGLN

The problem with most marketing including free promos is that everyone's doing it.  Out of every 90 days you can do 5 free days.  That means that if 900,000 KDP titles are in Select and are having a free promotion done at some time, on average there are 50,000 free titles available.  I've just done a free promo, and th small number of free downloads (under 100) has not resultd in any sales.  This is hearsay, but free promos seem to work only if yours is one book in a series ... a smal percentage of those who sample the free book may buy one of the paid ones.  I also wonder how many of the free books downloaded actually get read.

Level 5 3,887 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
3. Feb 12, 2018 10:09 AM in response to: ISGLN

As awin said, on any given day, there are SO MANY free books available that you'd be amazed.  Have you ever looked at the site?  You should do so.  A few years ago, when ebooks were super popular there were people who studied the freereadfeed site every day and they would then get everything that they even began to think might interest them.  Nowadays, people are MUCH more selective and seem to only get the books which they truly believe they will read.

What I'm saying is that 5 years ago, when one did a free book promotion, one could kind of expect to give away 1,000 - 5,000 books in a 5 day period, even my niche market mountain climbing books.  Now, though, I feel fortunate if 25 - 50 people take my free book.

Click Logo for Our Homepage
View Our Book Titles

Level 1 159 posts since
May 4, 2013
4. Mar 1, 2018 11:18 AM in response to: awin

I have to agree. I have done the free ebook route and saw very little in the way of sales. It kind of pains me to give the book away, too, but if it gets one's name out there ...

Level 0 1 posts since
Mar 4, 2018
5. Mar 4, 2018 10:41 PM in response to: ISGLN

We can also made a website through which we can do compliments about different things and give feedback. That is the reason can give different methods of making feedback websites.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...