1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
518 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 2, 2018 8:59 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 7 posts since
Jun 11, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 31, 2018 8:24 AM

Createspace Versus KDP?

Hello,

I currently have three books on Createspace and I also have the same three books selling on KDP, is there any advantage (or disadvantage) in moving the books over to KDP Print?

Thanks,

Marty

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Mar 31, 2018 9:30 AM in response to: Fletch
Re: Createspace Versus KDP?

At the moment, KDP Print only distributes to Amazon, so if you use CreateSpace's EDC, you'd lose that.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 12,995 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Mar 31, 2018 1:03 PM in response to: Fletch

Another disadvantage is no custom trim sizes.

As for advantages, (1) KDP Print gives you one account for both formats (rather than two separate accounts), and (2) for those in the UK and the rest of Europe, shipping costs and delivery times for proofs and author copies may be considerably less (as KDP prints and ships these from within Europe, whereas CreateSpace prints and ships all author orders from within the USA).

Level 5 19,170 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
3. Apr 2, 2018 8:59 AM in response to: Fletch

Here is a table I put together based on the CS and KDP Print guidelines . . . .

Note: Author Copies/Proofs . . . Although KDP talks about this on their site, one person who is active on this site, said that when he put his book through KDP Print, at the point where he ordered a printed proof, the book was approved and distribution enabled.  If this is the case, it defeats much of what getting a printed proof is for. It does, apparently have value in the UK, for example.  I would say, again if this is true, it is quite deceptive.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated   CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully   illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type   & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics,   design, and typesetting help.

sdf

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...