Skip navigation
332 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 18, 2018 11:39 PM by funnyjokes RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 20, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 3, 2018 8:19 AM

royaltee payment profile is automatically changed to US direct deposit

I had rselected the check option in royaltee payment profile information since i am from india.

i got an email from createspace that my payment information was updated, ( which actually i didnt do)

when i checked ,it showed that direct dposit was selected as an option which has a name calleed romero

i quickly changed it back to check and updated it

now after nearly a week , same thing happened again to me

i changed the password and updated it again

i am in tension , i have also informed createspace about it , but since it is the second time i am in fear ,

please guide me and help me

Level 0 19 posts since
Nov 14, 2009
1. Apr 15, 2018 11:06 AM in response to: animationeasy
Re: royaltee payment profile is automatically changed to US direct deposit

The same thing happened to me yesterday!  I got an email saying my payment method had been changed. I checked and the bank account direct depost had been changed to a different bank!  I quickly changed it back to my bank and changed the password.  I notified CreateSpace but haven't heard back from them. I'll be monitoring my account daily!  What a PAIN!  Sorry this has happened to you as well!  CreateSpace isn't doing a very good job at security! 

Level 1 63 posts since
Dec 18, 2013
2. Sep 16, 2018 2:46 PM in response to: animationeasy

This happened to me the day before yesterday too!  Sounds like it is the same guy.

Romero but he changed  mine from cheque to a direct deposit in Bulgaria instead of the States though.

I took a screen shot of the changes but I did not change it back right away because I was only at about $16 in royalties and knew I wouldn't be reaching the $100 thresh hold for a cheque for quite sometime yet. So I contacted customer support and reported the issue and let then know that I left it the way ot was in case it made it easuier for them to track or look into. I asked them to let me know what they intended to do about it.

After that I changed my password.

Heard back from Create Space support today and the only thing they said was to change the info back, check to make sure none of the rest of my info was changed and to change my password (which like I said, I had already done).  Then they went on to explain all the ways to correctly and incorrectly change a password so as not to make it too easy to figure out (which I was already aware of). They never did tell me what they intend to do about the guy. Clearly since this happened to you guys last April and it is now September, nothing has been done about this guy yet. So he is still out there. In Canada they usually report these sorts of things to the RCMP. I am sure the States must have someone they can report this too who are similar to that. I am wondering if that has been done and if not, then why not?  I would certainly like to have more done about it than just a "here is how to change your password" letter.

What would they be preparded to do about it if this guy actually succeeds in getting someones money? Especially after being notified that this is happening by people like us?

I will be moniotoring my account more closely now that I have read that he tried a second time with you after you changed your password.

I just hope that they actually do something about this guy.

Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 27, 2018
3. Sep 18, 2018 11:39 PM in response to: animationeasy

Commonly we attain confused when we finally hear the exact terms website development service in addition to internet developer getting used interchangeably. But thoughts is broken done looking over this, all your individual confusions may perhaps disappear. Poof!

ludo king

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...