Skip navigation
705 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jun 11, 2018 6:35 PM by Toolemera RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 12, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2018 11:02 AM

CS sales reporting!

Is anyone else experiencing slow or non-existent sales reporting? I suspected that my Amazon sales were not showing up on CS and to be sure, I purchased two books - three days ago - from the Amazon site. Sure enough, they have yet to appear on CS. Should I go ahead and contact CS now or give it more time?

Level 5 5,625 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Apr 20, 2018 11:18 AM in response to: producer123
Re: CS sales reporting!

Have those books printed and shipped? That's when Amazon orders are reported in the CS Dashboard. Also, when you placed the order on Amazon, are you positive that it was "Sold by Amazon" and not another vendor? Other vendors can "win" the Buy button on Amazon, and often those orders are fulfulled through EDC, which can take up to a couple of months to report (and always report at the end of each month).

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 25, 2014
2. May 5, 2018 8:28 AM in response to: producer123

Yes, I am.

I have been selling on CS for nearly 4 years and the sales I am seeing so far this month are about half as much as normal. This started last month (when you posted this) to a lesser degree. This month has been really noticable thus far.

I have not done a test buy yet so I cannot comment on that.

I am also pretty sure it is not due to EDC sales. Like I said I have a nearly 4 year history and sales have always been pretty predictable.

Not sure what is going on but it is noticable and concerning.

Level 1 71 posts since
Feb 27, 2009
3. Jun 11, 2018 6:35 PM in response to: BBook

I have been a CS print publisher for 8 years and Lightning Source for 12 years. Overall sales from April to June of this year have been slow to nearly flat. The only other time I saw this happen was right after 9/11. I strongly suspect that there is much fear over where our economy and country is going (USA), resutling in the downturn. I had some Fidelity accounts that luckily i pulled in February and have since watch the stock market slide downhill.

It's just going to be a slow summer, until the holiday season comes around.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...