Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
739 Views 1 Reply Last post: Apr 22, 2018 7:24 PM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 25, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 21, 2018 2:25 PM

Createspace Direct -- How does it work?

I'm trying to set up an edition of my work for resale by distributors. I have created a new edition with a new ISBN, but I can only set a list price, not a price for distributors.

I deally, I would like to give the distributor room to make a profit without over-inflating my book. I read in one other post that distributors in the Createspace-Direct program are able to buy books at a deep discount -- if that is true, then I don't actually need to set a distributor price, right?

Also, how do I provide a direct link to the Createspace Direct edition for the distributor to follow?

If anyone could give a quick over-view of the process from both the author and the distributor sides, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Level 5 13,123 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
1. Apr 22, 2018 7:24 PM in response to: Skoob
Re: Createspace Direct -- How does it work?

Skoob wrote:

I read in one other post that distributors in the Createspace-Direct program are able to buy books at a deep discount -- if that is true, then I don't actually need to set a distributor price, right?

Right. But note that these are not "distributors" as that term is used within the book trade. They are resellers (and perhaps a handful of libraries).

Participants in this program must submit a reseller application to CreateSpace. Upon being certified as a CreateSpace Direct reseller, they will be able to order books at wholesale prices directly from CreateSpace.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...