Skip navigation
451 Views 2 Replies Last post: Apr 26, 2018 6:09 PM by brandwithin RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 14, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2018 2:09 PM

Early preparations for publishing

Hey everyone,

In a few weeks I will begin to load content for a new book but I have a few questions:

1) Can I start a new project now, such that I can copyright the title, secure the ISBN and such?

2) This first book will be part of a series of five books. Is there a way to register the series Title as part of this process?

3) Once I start the process of laying out the book using the tools provided, can that work be saved as a draft so I can come back to it over days and weeks before finalising it?

Thanks for any help, Stef

Level 5 5,633 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Apr 26, 2018 2:21 PM in response to: brandwithin
Re: Early preparations for publishing

Welcome!

brandwithin wrote:

1) Can I start a new project now, such that I can copyright the title, secure the ISBN and such?

Absolutely. Enter whatever information you have and save your progress. You can come back to it whenever you like.

2) This first book will be part of a series of five books. Is there a way to register the series Title as part of this process?

There are fields in the title information section for Series Name and Number.

3) Once I start the process of laying out the book using the tools provided, can that work be saved as a draft so I can come back to it over days and weeks before finalising it?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You must design the interior on your own system (or hire someone else to) and then upload a completely formatted interior file (ideally PDF). You cannot do any of this on the CreateSpace website. This website does provide an online Cover Creator application, but I don't use it (or recommend it, really - it's limited).

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...