Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
325 Views 3 Replies Last post: May 8, 2018 9:14 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 10, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

May 8, 2018 5:39 AM

The PDF Cover

So, does anyone know how I create a PDF cover? I wish I could use Google Docs, but i'm very confused.

Level 2 269 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
2. May 8, 2018 5:54 AM in response to: EnderBlaze125
Re: The PDF Cover

EnderBlaze125 wrote:

I also tried making my own book cover, but it didnt work when I tried to put it into the official cover tab.

It's not clear what you have already, but I don't use a PDF.

I make my front cover in Canva, using the Kindle size.

Then I use cover creator in Createspace, using the template that allows me to just add the front. (last page at the top in cover creator).

I then follow the steps to add info to the back (& spine where applicable).

Level 5 19,507 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
3. May 8, 2018 9:14 AM in response to: EnderBlaze125
Re: The PDF Cover

I have a free 30-page PDF on making your own cover: Make Your Own Cover (I know, snappy title!).  Specifically, you can make your cover in a wide variety of programs ranging from Word or Open Office, to Photoshop, GIMP, or InDesign.  Some programs have a save as/export to PDF feature, and some of those either should not be used (Word's), or are often too big (Photoshop).  You can use a PDF conversion program.  Acrobat is the gold standard, but many of the free programs (primoPDF, doPDF, cutePDF, PDF995, even OpenOffice), work well. These programs work as printers (File > Print > Select Printer); however, be aware that most will resize your file to 8.5 x 11 unless you select or create a the correct trim size.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...