Skip navigation
599 Views 1 Reply Last post: May 23, 2018 1:56 AM by Acheknia RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 27, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2018 9:31 AM

Editor

Should I hire an childrens picture book editor to fine tune my book?  Do you have any suggestions for editors?

Level 2 400 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
Currently Being Moderated
1. May 23, 2018 1:56 AM in response to: Dave56
Re: Editor

Dave56 wrote:

Should I hire an childrens picture book editor to fine tune my book?  Do you have any suggestions for editors?

If you write 'an children's', then yes

It depends on your book & your ability to edit it yourself using available free help, Word, spell check, Grammarly, text to speech etc.

A lot of children's books only have a line or 2 of text per page which should be easier to edit & proof but if it's a full length story & you don't feel capable, then yes, you want it to be the best it can be.

Don't listen to people who say you can't do it yourself if they're trying to sell you something.

I edit all of my own books & even if I do miss a little something after several runs through, then I'm still confidant that they're as good as some professionally edited books.

I've read traditionally published books that have been edited & proofed professionally but still have mistakes in them

To find an editor here, look at posts from 5 star members, if you're paying, you want a good one.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...