Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
310 Views 2 Replies Last post: May 17, 2018 10:48 AM by Nick-89 RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Aug 10, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

May 17, 2018 9:08 AM

'This title is not currently available for purchase' - And Affiliate scheme

I expected this to be an old issue, but if that's the case then I can't believe it has not been resolved as yet...?

I recently discovered that customers opening the link to my books on an Amazon outside of their region/country are met with the above message. (I boosted a post on Facebook, and posted about the latest book in relevant groups.) And horrifyingly, there is no further description or explanation as to WHY they may not purchase the item! Nothing like 'To purchase this item please locate it on the Amazon for your region'.

As a result, people have been accepting the above message as a statement of fact and simply not looking any further! 

Then I learned of the Amazon Affiliate scheme, and read that it offers 'OneLink' which will indeed automatically direct people to the correct Amazon...

BUT, I now learn that this only happens if one joins ALL the different Associate schemes accross the world (and there are quite a few), filling in all the necessary details seperately and suppling the tax details each and every time...

And having just started to do this, from the first I receive an email telling me that unless I send 3 qualifying sales through to them in the next 180 days my account will be terminated!!!

I'm not even a seller, and don't care about the additonal little commsion. I just want to be able to promote my books without customers being told that they not available when they are! 

Has anyone found a solution to the above please, or have I missed something totally? At present I feel like I'm in the twlight zone... Why does Amazon not want to direct customers who want to purchase an item to where they may purchase it?

Thanks

Level 5 5,646 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. May 17, 2018 9:16 AM in response to: Nick-89
Re: 'This title is not currently available for purchase' - And Affiliate scheme

Try https://www.booklinker.net/. It's free and will give you a single link that will redirect to the appropriate Amazon site when clicked.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on   Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual   English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...