Skip navigation
352 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jun 6, 2018 3:29 PM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 16 posts since
Nov 27, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 4, 2018 7:35 PM

I'd like to publish on CS and Kindle, is that possible?

Hello,

I just published the paper version of my book.  Now, I'd like to publish an ebook over Kindle.  One problem that I'm seeing is that it says that if I publish over KDP, then my CS published book will vanish.  How can resolve this problem?  Or did I misunderstand something?

Level 4 2,834 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Jun 4, 2018 8:42 PM in response to: der_writer
Re: I'd like to publish on CS and Kindle, is that possible?

If you publish with KDP Print, then yes, the CreateSpace book goes poof. The KDP Kindle version has no effect on the CreateSpace paperback.

Feb 7, 2015
3. Jun 5, 2018 8:26 PM in response to: der_writer

At this point, most folks publish ebooks through KDP (and other platforms) and paperbacks through CreateSpace, since KDP Print is still in a beta phase, with limited trim sizes and no expanded distribution. The Look Inside will be active for both editions.

Feb 7, 2015
5. Jun 6, 2018 11:07 AM in response to: der_writer

der_writer wrote:

- The description on Amazon is poorly formatted.  It's supposed to have a short list, but instead I have a one giant lump of text.

You'll need to use some basic HTML tags to create paragraphs and other formatting. Do your editing at Author Central. Not signed up yet? Tsk, tsk.

- None of the categories that I originally set are displayed correctly for my book.

Are you sure you entered the categories correctly? It's hard to go wrong.

- The book is listed on Amazon, but the "Look inside" feature is still not enabled.

It might take a few days, up to a week, for the Look Inside to appear, so be patient.

Where should I go to resolved these problems?  Amazon?

Do you have 911 in your area?

Also, when I make my book an ebook, should I go to KDP in order to combine the two?

By "combining," I assume you mean both ebook and print editions displaying on the same page on Amazon. It happens automatically.

I'm a little surprised at how screwed up this whole process is.  CS is owned by Amazon and I figured that the whole process would be much more smooth and better integrated together.

Most of the time, probably 98%, problems are a result of users not bothering to read the instructions, documentation, and specifications. In addition, this forum is a treasure trove of information, expecially using Search Community (top-right corner of page). KDP has its own equally useful forum. Be advised, the self-publishing process requires at minimum half a brain, a qualification that some users cannot meet (not to imply that you're among them).

Feb 7, 2015
7. Jun 6, 2018 3:29 PM in response to: der_writer

First time through, the process can be perplexing, but hang in there. The forum is at your disposal if you get stuck.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...