Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
217 Views 5 Replies Last post: Jun 15, 2018 12:01 PM by Acheknia RSS
Level 0 6 posts since
Apr 26, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 14, 2018 3:04 PM

Print book published, but want to upload .mobi to KDP

Hello,

I've published a printed book through Createspace. I have had this book converted to two different ebook formats by a third party, and those files are on my computer. I've already checked them for accuracy and formatting. So I don't need to go through the "Publish on Kindle" step on Createspace, do I? Wouldn't that take my printed book and create yet another version of the ebook?

Somewhere along the way, I found out about going directly to KDP to upload the ebook format that I already have. I've set up the Author Information (for banking and taxes). But do I have to go through the entire book information process again before I upload my file? (Description, book details, imprint, etc.?) Can't I somehow "pull" information from Createspace and just upload the file?

Also, at some point the ebook and the print book will get linked on the Amazon sales page, is that right?

Thank you!

Level 4 2,935 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Jun 14, 2018 3:26 PM in response to: mscoach
Re: Print book published, but want to upload .mobi to KDP

mscoach wrote:

I've published a printed book through Createspace. I have had this book converted to two different ebook formats by a third party, and those files are on my computer. I've already checked them for accuracy and formatting. So I don't need to go through the "Publish on Kindle" step on Createspace, do I? Wouldn't that take my printed book and create yet another version of the ebook?

No, CreateSpace would send a PDF to KDP to create an ebook. Only one problem: PDFs rarely convert well to ebooks.

Somewhere along the way, I found out about going directly to KDP to upload the ebook format that I already have. I've set up the Author Information (for banking and taxes). But do I have to go through the entire book information process again before I upload my file? (Description, book details, imprint, etc.?) Can't I somehow "pull" information from Createspace and just upload the file?

Nope, you have to enter the info again at KDP, because despite the fact that Amazon owns both CreateSpace and KDP, they are separate entities.

Also, at some point the ebook and the print book will get linked on the Amazon sales page, is that right?

Correct, but only if the title and author information is identical.

Feb 7, 2015
2. Jun 14, 2018 3:52 PM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Correction, are identical. Just missed the 15-minute window to edit.

Feb 7, 2015
4. Jun 15, 2018 11:10 AM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Correction to the correction: ". . . if the title and author information am identical."

Because well speeching be important.

Level 2 396 posts since
Mar 8, 2017
5. Jun 15, 2018 12:01 PM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Lorem_Ipsum wrote:

Correction to the correction: ". . . if the title and author information am identical."

Because well speeching be important.

All-us & everydays.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...