Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
110 Views 2 Replies Last post: Aug 8, 2018 11:44 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 2, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2018 1:12 AM

Problem embedding fonts on Mac

Hi,

I just completed my manuscript and I need to embed the fonts to move forward on the publishing process. This website says that I need to embed the fonts still, but when I look at the information on my computer it says that the fonts are all already embedded. Can anyone help me figure out what to do about this? Again, I'm on a Mac. Thanks!

Alexandria

Level 5 15,813 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Aug 7, 2018 2:00 AM in response to: Alexandria111
Re: Problem embedding fonts on Mac

Are you uploading a Word doc or a PDF to your CS account?

Alexandria111 wrote:

when I look at the information on my computer it says that the fonts are all already embedded.

Which information is that?

~ Michelle ~

Editor, Designer and Publishing Services

http://www.odysseypublishing.com.au

Level 5 19,578 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Aug 8, 2018 11:44 AM in response to: Alexandria111
Re: Problem embedding fonts on Mac

You should create a PDF of your book to upload.  When you do, you can embed the fonts.  Most PDF conversion programs seem to default to embedding fonts if you choose highest/print quality.   I do not use Mac, so I cannot suggest what programs to use.  Adobe Acrobat is the gold standard and it si priced in line with gold standard.  I have tested several of the free PDF conversion programs for PC and they work okay.

Given the spam here, come on over to  selfpublishingforum.  It's free.  Many of us who answer questions here are active there.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...