Skip navigation
208 Views 4 Replies Last post: Aug 18, 2018 1:29 PM by SteveAR RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Mar 26, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 12, 2018 2:14 PM

Does CS automatically insert a copyright page ?

Does Createspace automatically insert a copyright page with the ISBN # or must I submit it with my template? If CS does it, how do I indicate which page to use?  Thank you

Level 1 34 posts since
Sep 18, 2012
1. Aug 12, 2018 2:17 PM in response to: Ferris
Re: Does CS automatically insert a copyright page ?

I don't befelive so.  I always insert my own, with all pertinent information, right after the full title page, and then when the file gets converted to PDF for publication, I know the information and page are just as I want and need.  Best with your manuscript!

Level 3 865 posts since
Sep 15, 2014
2. Aug 12, 2018 2:27 PM in response to: Ferris

CS is a printer. You need to proivide the entire book contents properly formatted.

Level 4 2,935 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
3. Aug 12, 2018 4:04 PM in response to: Ferris

The only page CreateSpace inserts is a final page that has printing information. Sounds like you need to read the docs: Book (tab at top of page) -> Publish a Trade Paperback.

Level 1 8 posts since
Jun 26, 2017
4. Aug 18, 2018 1:29 PM in response to: Ferris

Createspace print your book as an interior file, wrapped by your cover file.

They add (in my case) after the very last page of the interior file, a printers bar code and the words "Printed in Great Britain by Amazon" and they insert the ISBN code in the bottom right of your rear cover (outside side).

They do no other printing.

If you do not add a copyright symbol (or words or both) into your text then it will not appear.

My current book has its copyright symbol and the word copyright on page 2 of the interior file, along with the year new the top of the page, at the page bottom I have "All rights reserved. No part of this pub...." etc

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...