Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
78 Views 1 Reply Last post: Sep 13, 2018 4:13 AM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Sep 3, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2018 3:31 AM

"Proof" page added at the end of my proof book

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry to ask this question, I didn't find any answer here on the threads of the forum.

I have just created my first book on CreateSpace, ordered a printed proof book here in France, and today I just received the proof book.

At the end of the book, CreateSpace added a blank page with "Proof" written on this page.

My question is very simple (and I hope I guess the answer...): Once I have validated the proof book, the book can be sold on Amazon and other channels. But if I order printed books directly from CreateSpace, will I have this "Proof" blanck page at the end of my book??

The natural answer would be no of course, but I wanted to be sure...

Thank you for your replies, and sorry for my approximative English

Best of luck for all your projects!

Regards,

Laurent

Level 5 5,600 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Sep 13, 2018 4:13 AM in response to: Laurent36
Re: "Proof" page added at the end of my proof book

Bonjour! You are correct; once you approve the proof, any copies printed after that do not say "Proof" on the last page, but they will still have the barcode and printing location there if produced directly by CreateSpace. (Some of the print partners do not include this last page, but the CS facility does.)

FYI, CS is in the process of rolling into KDP Print. All CS accounts will eventually be moved over to KDP Print. The good news in this for you is that KDP Print can produce proof and author copies in Europe, so you won't have the high shipping cost and long wait once your account moves to KDP Print.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
https://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...