Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
325 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 21, 2018 11:25 PM by Clare RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Jan 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2018 4:30 PM

Is the transfer from Createspace to Kindle Direct so far a Disaster?

It seems they've totally lost the content of one of my titles.  Worse, I'd already ordered proofs.  These are apparently in production so the title was obviously deemed printable.   I'm worried that the proof copies might now be irrelevant, since I would have to upload again using different (Kindle) programs.

To me it seems incredibly sloppy and unprofessional to lose data, indeed an entire book.  Not a good omen!

Level 0 2 posts since
Aug 15, 2016
1. Sep 19, 2018 5:08 PM in response to: Alienist
Re: Is the transfer from Createspace to Kindle Direct so far a Disaster?

As far as I can see the answer is an emphatic Yes.

To avoid repeating myself, here's my post describing the problems I have encountered and what I think would be a better option:

https://forums.createspace.com/en/community/message/694965#694965

Level 0 1 posts since
May 18, 2014
2. Sep 21, 2018 1:45 PM in response to: Publish3r

This is so irritating!  The new merged setup lost almost all the functionality that drew me to Createspace in the first place.  You can't view or review your work without purchsing it.  The viewer is set up for Kindle, even for your print copy, there is no way to download and save your files in the event you make a mistake, or worse yet, the printer does.

The new interface is very corporate, cell phone friendly, and not writer and PC friendly.  erg...

We are going to miss you Createspace!!!

Level 0 18 posts since
Jul 2, 2009
3. Sep 21, 2018 11:25 PM in response to: Alienist

I am very disturbed by the change.  I never found Kindle to be user friendly.  I've always enjoyed working with CreateSpace.

The Kinde book cover options are tiny.  But the systems are different and trying to get the cover I had from CreateSpace didn't work well.  Hours after tyring, I ended up using Kindle's cover creator.  Yikes.

I wonder if I'll be seeking another publishing source. 

Why did CreateSpace give us up???

I hope you come back!!!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...