Skip navigation
280 Views 6 Replies Last post: Sep 18, 2018 12:11 PM by Joey7 RSS
Level 0 18 posts since
Mar 2, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 15, 2018 11:33 AM

Pop-up window to move to KDP

Well, I had the pop-up to migrate my book, but I set it aside to gather some information before the move. Now there is no pop-up. Is that it? One chance?

Level 5 5,600 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Sep 15, 2018 11:59 AM in response to: Joey7
Re: Pop-up window to move to KDP

That does seem to be the case as mine also went away after 24 hours. However, I was planning on letting CS handle the moving for me anyway. Once they've offered all users the chance to move their own books, CS will automatically move all remaining accounts. So they can take care of mine, and yours as well.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
https://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 3,863 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
3. Sep 16, 2018 9:50 AM in response to: Seisa

I agree with you - let them take care of it for me.  I have had the pop-up window 2 mornings in a row now, so I assume that it will probably pop-up at least once every 24 hours now, and I plan on just totally ignoring it!  When they want it done, they can do it, I'm not going to do their work for them, I'm not getting paid to do it.

Dan'l

Level 0 1 posts since
Jun 16, 2018
4. Sep 18, 2018 11:36 AM in response to: danwiz

Don't move your books to KDP until they move them. I have been trying to upload a new book, and my experience has been terrible. There is no feedback on KDP as in CreateSpace. As it is, it is a DUMB alternative to CreateSpace.

Level 1 27 posts since
Sep 18, 2012
5. Sep 18, 2018 11:55 AM in response to: Joey7

I'm not moving anything, but am letting them do that.  My security blanket is IngramSpark, where I had all of my books transferred recently.

I will say, though, that the migrate box has remained on my dashboard for several days now.  I have a feeling they'll migrate my books sooner rather than later.  KDP make me nervous, to say the least.  Thank goodness for Ingram, fees or not for new books.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...