Skip navigation
212 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 30, 2018 9:17 PM by ColoradoCrazyMom RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 14, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 30, 2018 6:59 PM

PDF spacing

I can't seem to figure out how to covert to PDF without the spacing changing and messing up the format of the book

Level 4 2,935 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Sep 30, 2018 7:36 PM in response to: AJ143
Re: PDF spacing

How are you generating the PDF?

Level 5 3,872 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
2. Sep 30, 2018 8:52 PM in response to: AJ143

And what software are you using to convert the PDF from?  Is it Word, Open Office, etc.

Be aware that what your document can depend on what printer you have selected as your default printer.  For example, if your default printer is set to some printer which has a different resolution (dpi) different than the PDF printer then everything will come out differently than what you are viewing in Word by using print preview.  If you change your default printer to the PDF printer and THEN use Word's Print Preview that is what your PDF should end up as.

Dan'l

Level 0 280 posts since
Jan 15, 2015
3. Sep 30, 2018 9:17 PM in response to: AJ143

I kept having this issue too! I write in Word. If you do as well, here's how you can fix that:

1) Under the File tab, go into Options (toward the bottom) and then Advanced. Way down at the bottom, select Layout Options. Make sure you have selected 'Use printer metrics to lay out document.'

2) After you have saved your document the normal way (I do this as backup), instead of also SAVING it as a PDF, go to Print under the main File tab. Make sure the printer you have set as default is PDF (mine is called PDF Complete). Now push the Print button. You should get another box that pops up (mine is a PDF Complete Document Creation Options). In the Drives: drop-down menu (at the very top), select where you want this new PDF to be stored. Then in the File Name: drop down menu (at the bottom), type in what you want it to be called. (I make this the same location and file name as the regular Word document that I saved--they'll show up as different files.

This SHOULD solved all your formatting issues.

Hope this helps,

ColoradoCrazyMom

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...