Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
321 Views 1 Reply Last post: Oct 20, 2018 6:27 AM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 8, 2018
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2018 9:01 PM

That little white line...

Hi all,

First time publishing, and I'm attempting a 32 page children's book.  The dimensions will be 8.5 x 11, so within Word, I've set my page size to 17.32 x 11.25 (per CS specs).

My image sizes for each page are accommodating any trim (or so I thought) and are set to 8.8 x 11.5, which is more than accommodating on the width.  However, each time I save to PDF and upload, I get the error message regarding bleed and trim, and the Reviewer is showing me a little white sliver of a line at the top of the page.  I did have a call with a CS rep and he mentioned he was seeing the same thing.

I'm driving myself crazy by upping the heighth a little bit more and attempting again, but i just can't get rid of that line!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am so close to being done!

Thanks!

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Oct 20, 2018 6:27 AM in response to: BTScc
Re: That little white line...

First of all, MS Word is a word processor, not a design application. It's especially horrible at handling images.

Your page size and image size for a full-bleed 8.5 X 11" book should be exactly 8.625" wide and 11.25" tall. I'm not sure where you got your numbers, but they're not correct.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
https://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...