Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
290 Views 1 Reply Last post: Nov 11, 2018 10:00 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2018 3:58 AM

Can't get past the manual check... help please!

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to publish my first childrens picture book.

When I go through the automated check, the book sails through. It is a picture book so I have added a bleed around the edge. However, when the book goes to be checked manually they message back to say that the "manuscript content extends past the margins."

The book looks perfectly fine when I look at the previewer, with plenty of space between then bleed and the text, however, it just keeps bouncing back!

Please help

Image of my book in the previewer> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-dsOCNMG8dvio0MgUOVvO2uNPl

Level 5 19,170 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated
1. Nov 11, 2018 10:00 AM in response to: lararose
Re: Can't get past the manual check... help please!

What is the trim size?

It is possible that one of the other pages has content that CS considers "live": relevent text, or even some ingage content.  Without seeing the entire PDF it's hard to know.  Check your PM (Your Stuff > Private Messages).

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...