Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
368 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 24, 2018 5:54 PM by Endicott RSS
Level 0 6 posts since
Mar 28, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2018 9:29 AM

Interior Reviewer Grainy Images

Hi all, about 6 weeks ago I did my first upload of a history book I had written to interior reviewer and everything looked fine.  I ordered a print, also looked fine, but there were a few grammatical corrections to fix, which I did.

I then re-uploaded the file with the corrections, but then I went into Interior Reviewer...big issues with some of the images.  Grainy white splotches all over some of the photos and in some of the military organizational charts.

Is this an issue with Interior Reviewer?  The PDF looks fine with all images 300 - 330 dpi.  I have no clue why all of sudden the photos would look this way when last montht they were fine on the same file.

https://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/Anthony_O_Hughes/whitespecs3_zpsgiybx0y5.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/Anthony_O_Hughes/whitespecs2_zpsxnfumddb.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/Anthony_O_Hughes/WhiteSpecs_zps7zlxfh5e.jpg

Very nervous about this!

Level 5 19,170 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
1. Nov 23, 2018 12:27 PM in response to: Endicott
Re: Interior Reviewer Grainy Images

I would not rely on the InteriorReviewer, especially for books with images.  Order a printed proof.  This is the ony way to tell anything.  Do not use the DigiatlProofer or the downloadable PDF proof.  Print only.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 5 3,881 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
2. Nov 23, 2018 9:42 PM in response to: Endicott
Re: Interior Reviewer Grainy Images

Personally, I WOULD rely on the Interior Reviewer - I would check to make sure that I used all of the same settings as I originally did when I created that original PDF.  If I messed up and realized it at that point, I'd just upload the corrected new PDF file.

Walton says that there are a lot of problems with the Interior Reviewer, and maybe there are, but I've done 41 books through CS and every single one of them looked great in the Interior Reviewer, they didn't show a single problem.  I also ordered printed proofs and they were always okay too.

I'd surely order a printed proof before approving in your situation, as Walton recommended.

Dan'l

Click Logo for Our Homepage
View Our Book Titles

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...