Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
4,763 Views 7 Replies Last post: Dec 29, 2013 10:51 PM by Angel1989 RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Oct 12, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2013 1:27 AM

How to convert mobi books to ePub for ipad,  iphone?

Hello, I want to convert my mobi books to ePub format and read these mobi books on my iPhone and iPad, but treid many methods to convert mobi to epub but failed, it cannot get the best layouts after convering mobi to epub, please reocmmend a great way to convert mobi to epub for ipad and iphone reading. thanks.

Level 2 301 posts since
Dec 20, 2008
1. Nov 22, 2013 2:23 AM in response to: Nsisredly
Re: How to convert mobi books to ePub for ipad,  iphone?

If they aren't DRMd/secured ebooks, Calibre will do the changeover, BUT... I do this for a living (MAKE ebooks and print books for publishers and self-publishers), and going from ePub to Mobi with Calibre will always give you better results than going the other direction. Not that you have that option, I understand. In fact, my process is to always make the ePub first and move from there to Mobi/PRC to get best results in end files. No offense, but if you want to convert something that is already in it's final Mobi state to something else, you're never going to come up with the kind of results I get making a file from scratch and going through the logical steps from one format to the next. I have the benefit of starting out with source files formatted as I need them and work them up from least problematic to the most. Without benefit of those steps, you may never be able to eradicate formatting errors that sneak into the process. I've never been happy with converting from Mobi (for personal use) to other formats at all.

Does iPad NOT still have the Kindle reader available? Or an old Mobi reader like Adobe Digital Editions or the really old direct Mobi reader? It might be better to read the books on your new equipment in their native format than to play with conversion.

Brenna

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 30, 2013
3. Dec 11, 2013 10:16 PM in response to: Nsisredly

In order to read mobi ebooks on iPad or iPhone, you should change the format because they can't support the mobi format! So you have to find a way to convert the format to ePub or PDF so that you can read them easily! You can use iPubsoft Mobi to ePub Converter, which is a good tool for you to read eBooks on iOS devices conveniently! Here take iPad for example, here is a guide about how to do:

How to Read MOBI Books on iPad 4/iPad mini/iPad 2

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 11, 2013
4. Dec 11, 2013 10:20 PM in response to: Nsisredly

Well, try Amacsoft MOBI to ePub Converter, you can use it to convert your mobi ebooks to epub on Mac or PC easily, then you just need to transfer epub ebooks to iPad. Read this 3 steps to convert mobi ebook to epub on Mac/PC  to know more.

Level 2 301 posts since
Dec 20, 2008
5. Dec 12, 2013 4:11 AM in response to: Nsisredly

Nsisredly wrote:

hello, thanks for your reply,  As long as I own the publishing rights to your book, I can sell  it in as many places as I like. Beware: a few vendors usurp my rights in the fine print. Amazon does not. Amazon and Mobi are pretty much the same thing now.

The  ePub format for eBooks is used by the most vendors now, including  Apple's new iPad, which has already sold nearly a million. They'll add  iPhone access this summer, making that over 20 million devices that can  read ePub. http://www.coolmuster.com/epub/mobi-to-epub.html

I know what is used by vendors, since I distribute to a dozen distribution channels, and most of them are multi-format, not just ePub. If you mean the reading platforms, they are also usually multi-format. A rare few older ones only read one file type. And of course Amazon and Mobi are the same thing, since Amazon BOUGHT Mobi format years ago and made the Amazon format on the bare bones of the Mobi format. In fact, Kindle will read the Mobi/PRC natively, if you load it onto the Kindle unit.

You may want to do some checking, though. I own a Nook tablet, and it can still read Mobi natively. You just have to download the Kindle for Nook program onto it (a free program). Last time I checked, that was also available for the Apple products. That's why I didn't understand you wanting to convert, when you don't have to convert to read on the iPad anyway.

Beyond that, you do NOT have publishing rights to my books. Period. Even if you purchase them, you do not have that right. Better get your facts straight. Distribution channel TOS does not override copyright law and DMCA. First sale doctrine does not apply to ebooks at all. It only applies to physical products like print books. And even if first sale doctrine was expanded to include ebooks, it would only be for the single copy of the ebook you purchased, not for multiple copies of the book. IOW, if you illegally load someone else's IP for sale, be prepared for your account to be frozen or banned, your "royalties" on the sales to be confiscated, and possibly even for you to be sued, when the author in question or their publisher finds out what you're doing.

IF you are a legitimate reseller of ebooks, you would know all this, but you would also know you can contact the actual rights holder of the books (publisher or author) and request other formats for you to sell.

Brenna

Level 3 732 posts since
May 10, 2008
6. Dec 12, 2013 12:00 PM in response to: BrennaLyons

@BrennaLyons: Bravo!!!

Level 0 6 posts since
Dec 29, 2013
7. Dec 29, 2013 10:51 PM in response to: Nsisredly

As we known, mobi books are only supported on Kindle eReaders and Kindle apps. So if you want to read mobi books on iPad, iPhone, you can use the Kindle for iPad app or converting mobi to ePub as the artice below the link refered.

http://www.epubor.com/read-kindle-books-on-ipad.html

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...