Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
2,933 Views 4 Replies Last post: Aug 7, 2009 9:20 AM by Nutballzz RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 29, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2009 1:41 PM

Upload problems

Hello out there,

I'm new to Createspace and am experiencing problems trying to upload my first music 'zip' file.  I've followed all of the required procedures for uploading an album to the site and, for some reason, cannot get the upload to complete.  When I 'Save and Continue' (after identifying the file location on my PC and entering the song names in the list), a small splash screen box appears with a progress bar and a 'please wait - uploading' message.  This screen stays visible for several seconds and indicates some minor progress, and then disappears completely.  Thinking that this could be a normal response from the CS site, I wait patiently for about 10 minutes (thinking that the music zip file is successfully uploading) only to realize that when the screen returns and updates (after the long 10 minute wait), the upload process indicates 'incomplete'.  Trying again only reproduces the same results. 

OK, then I try another browser (I have 'FireFox' and 'IE-7' running in XP-Pro with a 1Mbps bandwidth DSL connection) and still get the same response.  I've had no other problems like this with other music distribution sites (even with large 30 to 50MB file UL's) and was wondering if I am not 'holding my mouth right' in trying to get an Upload to work on this site..   I have also discovered that there is NO technical phone support with CS (not good) and only email contact support (which I responded to with the same problem description(s)) with the understanding that within 24 to 48 hrs, I should get a response.

So, before I hastily decide to withdraw and terminate my application adventures with CS, has anyone out there in the 'independent artist music land' ever had the same issue or issues (either during the first upload setup or recent/following uploads)?  I'd love to hear from the community on this one.... times-a waistin fo me.

Gene

Level 0 11 posts since
Jun 17, 2009
1. Jul 31, 2009 7:56 PM in response to: DeeBlues
Re: Upload problems

Hey Gene,

I tried different browsers and haven't had much luck either. my file is 315 MB and I am using Comcast which has a decent uplaod speed. I am going to try again right now. I might just have to send by mail.

Ilike CS features with amazon and I like the no cost upfront option. Are you using Discmakers as well?

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 14, 2009
2. Aug 2, 2009 7:44 PM in response to: DeeBlues

Did you ever get a file to upload?? I am having the same problem and have tried three different browsers with no luck. Getting ready to burn a CD and just send it in.

Level 3 703 posts since
Mar 29, 2008
3. Aug 3, 2009 6:45 AM in response to: mellejohnson

As far as I know, the limit for upload is 100 MB. Above that, you have to mail in a master CD.

Level 0 3 posts since
Aug 2, 2009
4. Aug 7, 2009 9:20 AM in response to: DeeBlues

CS customer service SUCKS!!! They keep replying with the same generic Email that restates the rules (as if I havn't read them). How insulting! No help at all, no answers, no personalized anything. I think there are no actual people working for CS at all!! BOOOOOOOO!!!! BOOOOOO!!!This makes me feel REALLY comfortable sending in a physical copy of my music. I'm SURE it would get handled properly..... This site SUCKS!!!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...