Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
3,945 Views 3 Replies Last post: May 15, 2016 4:45 PM by anno RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 11, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 11, 2016 11:13 AM

Library Book Signing - What should I do at the event?

Hi Everyone,

I just published a book called 'I Don't Have Time To Save Money' and I'm hosting a book signing at a local library. The library loved the idea and actually offered to co-sponsor the event which is awesome.

So here's the thing, I've never been to a book signing so I'm not sure what to do.

I am planning to serve snacks/dessert as I sign books and I am planning to post money-saving tips and pictures of my couponing hauls around the room.

I'm really not sure what else I should do at the event. I don't want people to be bored. I'm expecting about 50 people.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks!

Miriam

Level 4 2,667 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Jan 11, 2016 11:29 AM in response to: TheKosherCouponLady
Re: Library Book Signing - What should I do at the event?

Hi Miriam,

Sounds fun!

When I've been to book signings. the author usually reads some excerpts from the book to the audience.  Sometimes this is accompanied by a personal story of why those sections was written. Make it entertaining if appropriate.

Stacy

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 29, 2015
2. Mar 9, 2016 2:18 AM in response to: TheKosherCouponLady

We have just published our first book, Journey of Friends, on leap day this year...leaping into our new life as published authors! We have arranged for a few book signings at local libraries. We will have flyers posed around town and left as handouts in the library a few weeks prior to the event. There will be a large poster placed in the library the day of the event. We plan to share our experience as co-authors as well as a bit of the process of self-publishing. In addition we will read a few excerpts from Journey of Friends, serious as well as light. We will also welcome questions and comments. We will be handing out bookmarks that we have had made at a copy center to which we are adding a ribbon. The bookmarks have a photo of the cover of our book, our catch phrase, "Question the journey," (Our catch phrase will be part of our autographs in the books.), our website address, our Facebook page info and our email address. We need to check with each of the libraries to see if we can bring any goodies like bowls of candy, etc.Good luck with your book! Ria and Scarlett

Journey of Friends

LandJBooks.com

Find us on Facebook    L & J Books LLC

Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 20, 2016
3. May 15, 2016 4:45 PM in response to: TheKosherCouponLady

My first book signing/launch is this week. I went on line and found lots of blogs and articles on "how to plan a successful book signing", and it was more than enough information..

Good luck!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...