Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
24,058 Views 306 Replies Last post: Apr 29, 2015 2:39 PM by CreateSpaceKate RSS Branched from an earlier discussion.
  1 2 3 ... 21 Previous Next
Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 9, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Re: Make a Book Trailer for Your Book! Share it Here! (Part 9)

A Thriller "Secrets of the Dead Sea Scrolls by Logan Crowe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_w-51uZ7gc

Level 0 220 posts since
Feb 21, 2011
1. Jun 16, 2014 12:37 PM in response to: LoganJCrowe
Re: Make a Book Trailer for Your Book! Share it Here!

Nice, Logan!  Perfect music and great pics.  I think it drags a little at the end.  You might consider just some short snippets of the reviews instead of using the whole thing - bursts of words for just a few seconds.

Level 2 370 posts since
Jan 13, 2013
2. Jun 16, 2014 3:40 PM in response to: dixiefilms

I've departed from the realm of Children's Picture books to get back to my short fiction. Here's a trailer for the latest - I have to say, it's much harder making videos and finding stock footage without a bank of [your own] illustrations to rely on!

The Mirror Trick: a ghostly short story (available to download here)

http://youtu.be/-L5VltLDtCw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm delighted to announce the launch of my children's book, Who makes that noise?

Preview the story here: http://youtu.be/Wu1HcNs3drA

Now available from all good booksellers

Level 0 220 posts since
Feb 21, 2011
3. Jun 16, 2014 6:07 PM in response to: WhyIsARaven

Foreboding and creepy!  Good job, Raven.

Level 2 370 posts since
Jan 13, 2013
4. Jun 17, 2014 12:30 AM in response to: mountainmama

Thank you, mountainmama!

Level 0 308 posts since
Jul 9, 2013
5. Jun 17, 2014 7:46 AM in response to: WhyIsARaven

Hey, WHY IS A RAVEN!!!!

Nice video!  Your book looks maybe scary, but very interesting.  And "they see through a glass darkly" - sounds like a scripture quote. Is it? (for curiousity's sake)

Level 2 370 posts since
Jan 13, 2013
6. Jun 17, 2014 7:51 AM in response to: LizNightengale

Hey, LIZ NIGHTENGALE!!!

Thank you for the kind words. The trailer does seem quite dark and scary - more so than the story itself ... 0_o Still, this is the problem of limited footage, lack of budget, and not being a cinematic wiz! But I think it conveys the sombreness and melancholy strain of the fiction at least.

Yes, well spotted - the quote is from Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 13:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mirror Trick: ghostly short fiction: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L0MA2I2

Level 0 6 posts since
Jan 24, 2013
7. Jun 17, 2014 7:33 PM in response to: dixiefilms
Level 0 3 posts since
Nov 1, 2013
8. Jun 20, 2014 2:29 PM in response to: dixiefilms

Hello everyone! I'm new around here, though I got a glimpse of many trailers around here, and wow! everyone has a creative touch on their vision. I'll share mines as well, and let me know what you think!        And thanks to dixiefilms for originating this awesome post!

http://youtu.be/OG0fWrc5Xyo

Level 0 9 posts since
Jun 14, 2014
9. Jun 21, 2014 12:19 AM in response to: dixiefilms

Hello!

I'm a newbie, first ever book. It has nearly killed me writting this memoir. The book goes in depth into life with bipolar dissorder, the death of one of my parents, struggling to find support and much more. My aim is to help others in the same situation. My trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY3XwIJvwr8&feature

Please let me know what you think x

Level 0 308 posts since
Jul 9, 2013
10. Jun 21, 2014 8:16 AM in response to: GBarahona

Hi GBarahona (and I only write the whole title as I was unable to deduce a first name),

I like your video.   It's short and to the point, and it's was a nice scene you chose for the background. And I just had an idea.  You think maybe we should try actually putting excerpts of our books under the youtube video?  That is, as no one else is bothering to post anyway.  Whatever.  Good job!  The only thing I would change if you make another video is to add some hint as to the personality of your main character/s.  That's always fun.

Level 0 308 posts since
Jul 9, 2013
11. Jun 21, 2014 8:38 AM in response to: SamuelLeeRudd

Hey, Samuel,

You also have a good video (note to critics: maybe we should work on our criticism as we have left no lame or critical comments that I've read so far -- apart from whoever it was that suggested I needed to work on my resolution and not use copyrighted pictures [I agree].  WhyIsARaven, wasn't it?  Oh, and WhyIsARaven, I have finally figured out why it's like a writing desk.  They both start with the magical 'r' sound.  And you can write with its feathers, but that has more to do with association than them being alike.  Apart from that, I've come to the totally relevant conclusion that it's because Johhny Depp says so.  Now back to the point.)   It looks like a really deep book, and, on a lighter note, I do especially like the part where it's free on Amazon(that is what it said, isn't it?).  I hope you touch people's lives with your story.

Level 0 308 posts since
Jul 9, 2013
12. Jun 21, 2014 8:36 AM in response to: LizNightengale

And finally - just one more thing - I have made another video for my awesome book which I just published yesterday or the day before that or something. Enjoy --  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZxtzG02Ro      And if somebody wanted to like my video. . . . or leave a comment . . . . or check out my website . . . or buy my book . . . . make sure you tell everybody in the fourstate area about it.   (BTW: I'm having technical issues for some unapparent reason, so you may not be able to find my book apart from on the Createspace website for a couple weeks yet.  My other two books, however have brilliant google results.  And another thing: if you check out my website and look under exclusive excerpts, you can read up to two chapters of cheat-sheet information . . . ( REALLY?!)  Yes, really .   And you can also watch all my videos from the website if you open up the About tab.)

Level 0 308 posts since
Jul 9, 2013
13. Jun 21, 2014 8:34 AM in response to: LizNightengale

And it's Emergency = Moronic Code . . . I don't know why I didn't say that - whatever.

Level 0 9 posts since
Jun 14, 2014
14. Jun 21, 2014 8:35 AM in response to: LizNightengale

Thank You! Yes it is on a FREE Promotion today (1 day early) through until Monday. You can get it here: http://goo.gl/kIfqcU

Thank you for your wonderful comment. Although dark there is some light parts, I didn't want to 'sugar coat' anything. Anyone who is suffering who reads it would know it was sugar coated and would feel like they were 'worse' or 'lower' than others x

Copyright wise I contacted the band and they are fine with the music being used

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 21 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...