Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
7,578 Views 3 Replies Last post: Nov 30, 2009 12:33 AM by Nate RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2009 7:51 PM

Publishing a Graphic Novel

I'm planning on publishing a graphic novel in about 2-3 months, but I want to know the facts. How big are they? How much does it cost to make a graphic novel? What kind of paper do they print it on? Is it rough, or glossy? Where on the site do I publish it?
Level 4 1,394 posts since
Feb 25, 2009
1. Nov 4, 2009 8:11 PM in response to: lilboarder
Re: Publishing a Graphic Novel
Publishing a graphic novel is the same as you would publish any other book on Createspace. You go to your dashboard and begin a new title. You have to choose the size project you want, if you want B&W or color, etc. Since I'm guessing this will have images, I'm not certain the type of paper CS uses for projects with images. Others on here will know that. Just make sure you have your pages laid out as you want them in your PDF before you upload to CS and check out the FAQ section on Bleed and stuff like that.
Level 5 11,791 posts since
May 4, 2008
2. Nov 5, 2009 2:26 PM in response to: lilboarder

The biggest size you can print your graphic novel is 8x10", or you might want to use the square 8.25x8.25". (All the trim sizes are available here: https://www.createspace.com/Products/Book/#content3)

The white paper stock they use for colour books (60# smooth bright white off-set) is slightly different from the paper stock they use for B&W books (60# off-set). Both types are uncoated, CS do not offer a glossy stock. But the cover has a highly glossy laminate.

To calculate your costs, download this calculator: http://www.charltonbooks.com/CS-BookRoyaltyCalculator1.xls

Level 2 397 posts since
Jan 8, 2007
3. Nov 30, 2009 12:33 AM in response to: lilboarder

I am actively pushing for the 6.625 inches wide x 10.25 tall size for graphic novels. If you will help CS will listen.

-Nate

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...