This discussion is archived
127,910 Views 378 Replies Last post: Jan 29, 2011 4:48 PM by UrGirl RSS
  1 2 3 ... 26 Previous Next
Level 0 93 posts since
May 27, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 3, 2009 10:48 AM

Announcing Expanded Distribution

We are pleased to announce that CreateSpace will now offer expanded distribution options to allow our members to make their titles available to an even wider audience of potential buyers beyond Amazon.com and eStore. The Expanded Distribution Channel gives your books access to thousands of outlets, including online retailers, bookstores, libraries, academic outlets, wholesalers, and distributors. Expanded Distribution gives you the potential to distribute your work throughout the U.S. through our direct relationships with wholesalers such as Ingram/Lightning Source Incorporated and Baker and Taylor.

To access the Expanded Distribution Channel, books must be opted into Pro Plan. Titles must also meet certain eligibility requirements in order to be distributed through the Expanded Distribution Channel (to learn more, see Expanded Distribution Channel and Royalty and Sales Channels). Regardless of whether or not you include your title in the Expanded Distribution Channel, all CreateSpace titles can be distributed through both the Amazon.com and eStore channels.

Additional questions about the Expanded Distribution Channel may be answered utilizing the Help section of our site or by contacting Member Support. Expanded distribution options has been a top request from members, so we're pleased to provide this new service to you. As always, please continue to offer your suggestions so we can continue to support your efforts.

Level 4 1,071 posts since
Sep 4, 2008
1. Dec 3, 2009 6:54 AM in response to: CreateSpaceBen
Re: Announcing Expanded Distribution

YEAAAAH,

An early CHRISTMAS GIFT.

Cratespace Staff - YOU ROCK !!!!

Thanks so much!

---

Monica

Founding Member

selfpublishing.cc

Self-Publishing Social Network

Message was edited by: TheDesignHouse

Level 2 241 posts since
Mar 13, 2008
2. Dec 3, 2009 7:15 AM in response to: TheDesignHouse
The EDC sounds good only if a book is in the pro-plan
Level 2 241 posts since
Mar 13, 2008
3. Dec 3, 2009 7:25 AM in response to: jaramogi77

Without Proplan a 200-page B&W book of a $20 list price would earn the author 20-4-1.50-12 =   $2.50 (pre-tax) in royalty. That is why it is conditional that the book must be opted into the Proplan for this EDC thing to work.

I have a novel at Publishameric overpriced at $24, and it gives me roughly $1 per copy sold.

JR

Level 2 241 posts since
Mar 13, 2008
4. Dec 3, 2009 7:31 AM in response to: jaramogi77

The cool thing about this EDC thing is that it improves a book's visibility. Most of my friends know that I have 10 novels out there and woould want to buy them at a local B&N or Borders. A lot of them have held back because they are online shy!!

CS, thanks for taking the Self-published authors' fight to the established book-publishing folks. They know we are here and not fading away.

Sep 4, 2008
5. Dec 3, 2009 7:54 AM in response to: jaramogi77

Sure, you need the PRO plan. Nothing can be for free.

But CS has not added any additional costs for the upgrade to the Expanded distribution, but included it into the PRO package without changing the fees for the PRO plan itself.

I would say, this is extremely cool.

I have just sent out a BREAKING NEWS notification to all selfpublishing.cc members, and through twitter.

http://twitter.com/selfpublishing1

Please retweet, and let the World know the good news

---

Monica

selfpublishing.cc

Level 4 1,381 posts since
Feb 25, 2009
6. Dec 3, 2009 8:07 AM in response to: CreateSpaceBen
This is good news however, is there a list of  the book sizes that the books need to be to meet requirements? I know there should be but the brain just isn't coping today.
Sep 4, 2008
7. Dec 3, 2009 8:14 AM in response to: Sierra

Sierra, just click the links in the CS announcement and you will find everything, size/page requirements, royalt calculator, etc.

Everythings up there.

You can activate the expanded distributiuon plans within your title set up (Sales Cahnnel Management).

It will show up there too how much the royalties would be, and in case that your size is not eligible...

Level 3 499 posts since
Jan 8, 2009
8. Dec 3, 2009 8:15 AM in response to: TheDesignHouse
I think this is great. It provides one-stop shopping. The 60% discount is a little bit of a hit, but probably well worth it for those who don't want to have to deal with three different channels independently.
Feb 25, 2009
9. Dec 3, 2009 8:26 AM in response to: TheDesignHouse
Cool, thanks. It looks like I'm alright with my size since I dreaded the thought of having the poor cover designer resize that thing again. I was planning on opting into Pro Plan soon anyway so this will work well.
Sep 4, 2008
10. Dec 3, 2009 8:27 AM in response to: CreateSpaceBen

Dear CS staff.

I am just in the process just enabling most of my titles.

An amazon enabled full color book with a list price set at $30.00 shows me for the expanded distribution:

Our Share $30.48
Your Royalty -$0.48
Is there any bug in the system - or would I now have to raise my list price?
There should be pop up any warning/notification when enabling the expanded distribtribution, but it does not.
Any info on that ?
---
Monica
Founding Member

Sep 4, 2008
11. Dec 3, 2009 8:51 AM in response to: Sierra

May I ask if someone figured out if the expanded distribution includes amazon.co.uk, as amazon UK already has POD printing capabilities?

Probably not, right?

Feb 25, 2009
12. Dec 3, 2009 8:55 AM in response to: TheDesignHouse

From what I've read it doesn't honestly say. It meantions Ingrams, Baker & Taylor, etc but it doesn't say who else will pick the books up. It could be a matter of someone requesting it from them, meaning a bookseller, but I still don't think they'll include the Amazon.uk site in this. I could be wrong.

There is no timeframe that books have to be set-up for Pro-plan to be included, right? That's what I've been looking for since I don't think I can swing both titles right now.

Sep 4, 2008
13. Dec 3, 2009 9:00 AM in response to: Sierra

Thanks. No idea either.

I'm confindent, that createspace will address those questions, once some more came up here.

No, there is no time frame.

You can upgrade to PRO at any time, and you will get included by then, as soon you are enabling the expanded distri.

---

Monica

http://selfpublishing.cc/monica

Level 3 709 posts since
Jan 30, 2009
14. Dec 3, 2009 9:07 AM in response to: TheDesignHouse

I'm so excited about this news!

I knew it would happen eventually. I just spoke with my author friend, Carol Leonard-- she's a bestselling author and she is going to be moving all her titles to CreateSpace because of this.

I'm thrilled!

Christy Pinheiro

The Step By Step Guide to Self-Publishing For Profit

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 26 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...