8,011 Views 76 Replies Last post: Jul 20, 2016 11:09 AM by McDume RSS
  1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
Level 0 33 posts since
Jun 14, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2016 6:47 AM

No more sales!

Hello,

for a couple of days, I have not seen any sales show up in my US statistics (except some stragglers), even though I am still seeing sales on Amazon by checking the best seller rank. I am assuming that nothing is getting printed at createspace because of Prime day coming up. However, at this point I am essentially missing over 200 sales, I'm guessing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Jul 10, 2016 7:20 AM in response to: Wintermoon
Re: No more sales!

Hi WM,

The Amazon best-sellers rank is not a good indication of sales.  How many sales were you getting per day in the last few weeks?  It could be just a statistical variance.

I don't think Prime Day has any effect on CS printers.

Stacy

Level 2 182 posts since
Sep 15, 2015
3. Jul 11, 2016 3:06 AM in response to: Wintermoon

My sales dropped in July - about 75%. I'm not sure it has something to do with the summer / holidays.

I published my first book in october last year so I don't know what sales are like in the summer time.

Level 0 21 posts since
Apr 7, 2014
4. Jul 11, 2016 7:57 AM in response to: Wintermoon

Same here. Usually about 50/day, sales have been at a dribble for the last 3-4 days. Anyone get any info from CS?

Level 0 32 posts since
Feb 6, 2016
6. Jul 11, 2016 8:33 AM in response to: Wintermoon

I missed something.  What is Prime day?

Thanks.

Level 0 21 posts since
Apr 7, 2014
8. Jul 11, 2016 8:46 AM in response to: Wintermoon

Right. UK/Euro sales are consistent, just USA. It's like the pre-Chistmas slump when they print and stockpile. We'll see.

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
9. Jul 11, 2016 10:24 AM in response to: McDume

I don't argue, but it seems that if anyone were to order a Createspace book right before Prime Day, they would still have it sold to them through Prime (assuming they are members), and it should still be printed and shipped within a day or two and not a month later.  So, I'm not sure that preparing for Prime Day would delay regular orders or their reporting.

No?

Level 0 21 posts since
Apr 7, 2014
11. Jul 11, 2016 12:21 PM in response to: Wintermoon

CS customer service never knows what this is about. Same at Christmas time the first year I panicked about it and was looking for answers. You have to hold their hand to explain the problem, than they acknowledge and say they'll look into it. I'm going to give it until Wednesday, and then we'll see.... I think if it were happenening more widely, there'd be more comments here. I think it may just be books that sell well and CS is stockpiling...

Level 5 3,078 posts since
Jul 28, 2008
13. Jul 11, 2016 1:42 PM in response to: Wintermoon

Same here, and it happened to me with my top selling books under multiple author names, with books that have sold double digits per day for several months, though sales rank behavior is normal. (When you're around 2000 overall in print Books, a small decline in sales makes a noticeable difference. A compelete stop for 10 days would have a drastic effect.)

At first, I didn't think Prime Day should impact CS, especially as I didn't expect Amazon to have any special sales (any more discount than usual, if any) on CS books. Last year, Kindle devices were hot sellers, but most of the Prime deals seemed to be for watches, jewelry, not so many books it seemed except for a few huge names.

But then I realized that, for the same reason that Amazon stocks up for Christmas, it must not be easy for Amazon to fulfill CS books with two-day shipping at times of higher than normal demand. They advertised record sales for Prime Day last year, and there are incentives to buy products with Prime, so it must filter down to even CS books, to some extent. So perhaps they have preordered top selling CS books to stock up in Amazon's warehouse to help meet the demand.

However, when they do this in November, they send us an email letting us know what's going on, and usually post some of the royalties in advance...

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...