This discussion is archived
1,322 Views 4 Replies Last post: Aug 9, 2016 12:55 AM by mattious_28 RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Apr 29, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 1, 2016 9:12 AM

A new free tool to format files for Createspace

Hi everyone ,

Just wanted to let you know about a cool new tool — a free one! — that can help you format your book files for Createspace. It's a simple online book editor, with a layout that is similar to Scrivener (chapters on the left that you can drag-and-drop) and a formatting functionality that is similar to Medium.

The cool feature is that it has an in-built typesetting software that allows you to download a print-ready PDF in just a few seconds, compatible with all Createspace's requirements. So if you're having trouble with a document, you can copy-paste there, format it and then export the PDF. All in all, it should take you 10-15min but apart from the initial copy-pasting it's hassle free.

You can learn more about how it works here and test it for yourself here.

Full disclosure: I'm from the Reedsy founding team, so please let me know your feedback — if you have any — here! This is a free tool and we're looking to make it as useful as possible so all comments are welcome

Level 5 3,925 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
1. Aug 1, 2016 9:21 AM in response to: mattious_28
Re: A new free tool to format files for Createspace

Sounds nice.  I looked at the blog post and read it fairly thoroughly and then I went to the "try it" page, but I am not writing anything at the moment, so have nothing to copy and paste into it.  Hopefully, somebody here will try it and let us know.

Free!  Do you plan to keep it free, or when (if) it becomes popular enough do you plan or hope to start charging for this service?

Dan'l

Level 0 10 posts since
Aug 8, 2016
3. Aug 8, 2016 8:32 PM in response to: mattious_28
Re: A new free tool to format files for Createspace

I can't use the tool.  I've signed up and whenever I try to use it it just takes me to a list of freelancers.  This is a really annoying site. I really wanted a simple tool to help convert my book, but I feel like I'm just getting jerked around.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...