Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
4,348 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jul 4, 2017 12:13 AM by mamaofbrie RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 23, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 27, 2017 4:59 AM

Amazon UK Kindle Storyteller Writing Competition

Do Create Space published paperbacks qualify for this competition as the Rules and Conditions imply that only KDP books will be accepted? Since KDP now encourage writers to convert their ebook almost immediately to paperback I wondered does it therefore exclude all other paperbacks - ie including those published through Create Space (a division of Amazon)? Seems unfair when CSp always encourage authors to convert later to Kindle?  

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 26, 2015
1. Apr 14, 2017 10:11 AM in response to: Pfiddle
Re: Amazon UK Kindle Storyteller Writing Competition

Hi Pfiddle,

I spotted at least one book which is included in the competition with CreateSpace listed as the publisher (The Missing Man by Nathan Goodwin). I'm sure there are more.

Best wishes,

Richard

Level 0 4 posts since
Sep 13, 2012
2. Apr 22, 2017 1:49 AM in response to: Pfiddle

Hi Pfiddle,

In my case I found to enter this competition somewhat confusing but the guys at KDP very kindly helped me out. Enough to say, I have entered my latest title, 'The Raven the Lion and the Wite Dragon' in both Kindle and paperback formats.

If you or anyone else needs to clarify entry information do what I did and write to Amazon's KDP help line.

Level 0 9 posts since
Mar 3, 2017
3. Jul 4, 2017 12:13 AM in response to: Pfiddle

It was confusing, but they later added that CreateSpace created paperbacks with a KDP e-book would be accepted!

Have you seen the winner yet?

I made it through the long list, with my book Her Master, His Slave! but have not heard anything lately.

Thanks.

Toni Mariani

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...